- Living Longer, Stronger Lives—Exercise/Fitness for a Lifetime
- Women are writing New Chapters
- We must shift the way we approach our aging bodies…
- Never before have women had an opportunity to live as long, be as mentally alert, and physically strong.
Women are writing new chapters. With it not only possible but probable to live to be 100 and beyond, what do we need to know and do to ensure a physically active and independent life.
On turning 60, Joan realized she was stronger and felt healthier then at any time in her life. How could this be? She had spent years dealing with discomfort, pain from the debilitating affects of arthritis in her spine, neck, hands, and feet. A long process of first getting to know her own body, becoming and staying physically fit through exercise and healthier eating…and at the same time growing mentally stronger through conscious awareness training, including proper breathing and meditation, Joan has transformed what was always an active physical life to one free of pain and need for medication.
Exercise may not be the cure-all but it certainly is close!
- What you need to know!
- What you need to do!
The book discusses
All these issues are discussed in an easy, understandable fashion. References are made to various studies and quotes and “tidbits” from a variety of professionals prominently involved in health and fitness.
- Philosophy of exercise
- The major components of an exercise program
- Keeping your body healthy
- Getting to know your own body
- Starting and maintaining an exercise program
- Fitness and the foods we eat
- Weight control
Included are a series of “mental” exercises, and fitness and personal care tips and suggestions. The reader is encouraged to examine who she is, how she appears to herself, what changes she needs to make, the available options, and how to make the changes.
- How do you appear to you?
- Who are your role models?
- If you had one more hour a day, what would you do?
- What do you eat?
Accompanying: 8x9 spiral-bound workbook
|Author || Joan Frentz|
|Publisher|| Journey Publications|
|Publication Date|| August 2004|
|Subject || Women/Health/Fitness|
|Pages || 236|
|Dimensions|| 6”x 9”|
|ISBN || 0-9748087-5-X|
Book available on-line
Baker & Taylor
Or your favorite bookstore
"We can take control of our health and remain vital until the last day. Joan Frentz has written a timely book that offers us new choices. All women will benefit from Life Begins@Sixty. Get moving!"
- Louise Hay, author of You Can Heal Your Life and
"Life Begins@Sixty is a prescription for how to live long and well at any age—but particularly after 60. Joan Frentz’s advice is right on the mark!"
- Christiane Northrup, MD, author of Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom (Bantam 1998) and The Wisdom of Menopause (Bantam 2001)
“The strength of this book lies in relating to the kind of deep-down feelings and challenges we women face every day: taking up the treadmill yet another time or eating a decadent hunk of chocolate because there was no hope. It was comforting to know that I am not alone.
Life Begins@Sixty is not just for women over sixty. It’s for every woman who has bought new clothes because the old didn’t fit any longer. It’s for every woman who has been on every single diet on earth. It’s for every woman who knows she has to get out there and start living better but just hasn’t been able to.”
- Mangai Pitchai - Literary Editor, Life Begins@Sixty
| "One minute a day in front|
of the mirror - smile, love yourself. "
- Joan Frentz